function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
src0010src0010 

Schema Explorer: Export Query Results?

Is there a way to export query results in the Force.com IDE Schema Explorer?  I often find it the fastest way to obtain a quick set of data and would like to be able to save the results directly from the IDE to a CSV file or something.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
shillyershillyer

Have you tried Data Loader or Excel Connector?

Hope that helps,

Sati

All Answers

shillyershillyer

Have you tried Data Loader or Excel Connector?

Hope that helps,

Sati

This was selected as the best answer
src0010src0010

I have not tried either data loader or excel connector.  Both seem like decent solutions.  Thanks for the info!

RichAintRichRichAintRich

You might also want to try SuperCell from 2FootPutt. You can do a quick copy of a result grid in the Free version or export directly to Excel with the Plus version (each org is entitled to one free Plus version). It's in the AppExchange or visit the website at:

SuperCell from 2FootPutt

Santhosh KumarSanthosh Kumar

May be little too late to reply to this old post, but response is relevent so here it is.

Try the Real Force Explorer, which let's you export the Soql execution results into CSV, XML, Html and Text formats.

https://bitbucket.org/brsanthu/real-force-explorer/wiki/Home

PedramPedram

Thanks for the hint Santhosh! Our Salesforce Administrator was looking for a good query utility with data export capabilities, and this Utility was exactly what she wanted. 

Pedram

SimplySfdcSimplySfdc

It will be good if Salesforce enhance force.com ide to enable to extract query result, may be a simple copy-paste as I did using Apex Explorer.