function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Arunkumar KathirArunkumar Kathir 

Finding Duplicates on Leads

Find Duplicates button on Leads will find duplicates on which criteria?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
souvik9086souvik9086

I think no.

You cannot customize that page. The option is creating a custom vf page and do the functionality of custom search there.

If this post is helpful please throw Kudos.If this post solves your problem kindly mark it as solution.

Thanks

All Answers

Avidev9Avidev9
Press the button and it will so you the criteria in the next screen :P .
From the next screen you can actually fine tune the search criteria as well. They have a checkbox against them. So if you check them then only criteria is considered and record is searched
souvik9086souvik9086

The search came up with two records that appear to be duplicates (same name and similar company name). If you don’t get any results (or you get too many) change the search criteria and click Search again.

For reference

http://www.cloudspokes.com/challenges/1486

If this post is helpful please throw Kudos.If this post solves your problem kindly mark it as solution.

Thanks

Can we add some more fields with check box to include that in the criteria?

Avidev9Avidev9

That should be a totally custom solution!

I actually did the same for cloudspokes! http://www.cloudspokes.com/challenges/1486 but I fear that is now their property!

souvik9086souvik9086

I think no.

You cannot customize that page. The option is creating a custom vf page and do the functionality of custom search there.

Thanks

This was selected as the best answer

You have created the custom solution for finding duplicates of Lead records rite? Have you used SFDC Out of box Merge Leads option?

Avidev9Avidev9
Yes I used the Standard Merge though

How you used? We can create a VF page for Finding duplicates and override "Find Duplicate" button with newly created VF page. How would we include Merge Leads section in that VF page? Do we need to include any line of code in VF page? Please help...

Pedro Da GreatPedro Da Great

Honestly, I've been down this road and finally just installed DupeCatcher (free app). Works a lot better and was way more flexible for our needs. Since the baked in version of "find duplicates" will only allow 3 at a time it wasn't much help. 

HI Avidev9,

Can you pls help on this part? How do we include SFDC OOB Merge Lead process in our VF page?

Thanks in Advance,
Arunkumar
Sunil PalSunil Pal

Same as i have done for Account based on Phone and name of Accounts , , by the use of component , to find duplicates .

Hello Sunil,

Thanks for your reply.

you are telling about searching duplicate records. Thats absolutely fine.

My question is how to include SFDC OOB Merge Lead function in that search VF page?

Thanks,

Arunkumar

Praveen Kumar BonaluPraveen Kumar Bonalu
Hi Avidev9,

can please provide me the custom solution  in Finding Duplicates on Leads (apex class and vf) 
thanks

ArunKumar KumkumathArunKumar Kumkumath
Hi all,

Is it possible to customize the Lead Find Duplicates functionality ?

I have a new requirement from my client to add a custom page block and show some results from a REST API on the same landing page. I didn't see any salesforce out of the box feature for this.

As i am a beginner to this technology... please any one suggest some ideas to customize this...

Thanks in advance.
ArunKumar K