function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GKrogGKrog 

Controlling what columns display in a list for custom objects

I created several custom objects and when these objects display in a list (like on the custom object home page), only one field displays (the standard field).  I want to show more data from the custom object - can this be done?

Example:

Custom Object - Athlete

Fields - Athlete Name, Date of Birth, Sport, Height, Weight

Since the name is the first field, it was created as the standard field.  All the rest are custom fields and don't display on the Athlete home page.

This is also an issue when I have one custom object related to another - the list also shows one field (the equilivent would be displaying Activity Hisotry on Cases - imagine if it only showed one field).

Rahul_sgRahul_sg
Are you sure you added these fields on the page layout?
Try editing the layout to make sure these fields are available. also, check the field level security of these custom fields.
AroraAnupAroraAnup

If I understand correctly, you are referring to the fact that when you goto your custom object tab - Athlete, all you get to see is the standard record name field, is my understanding correct.

If this is the case, then what you need to do is to modify the Search layout of your Athlete custom Object Tab under setup. So goto - Setup-->App Setup-->Create-->Objects-->Athlete-->SearchLayout-->Athlete Tab-->Edit

Here you can add more columns to the ,anding page list view. You would need to do this for all the custom object tabs that you have.

Hope this helps!

Yoganand GadekarYoganand Gadekar

You can change this at

set up --> customise --> object name ex(account) --> search layout --> edit whichever you want

Thanks