function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JThemussJThemuss 

Reports - Surely there is a better way?

Hi Guys...

I am struggling to create even basic reports using EE Salesforce.

Am I mad, am I missing something fundamental? Or is the SF report writer as poor as I think it is?

Is there a source of information for "Advanced Reporting". Not Joined Reports and Buckets, but a report builder that allows me to do very simple things like do groupings with their own headings.. allow me to add multiple fields to a grouping line without having to build formula fields to contain the data to display..

Basic stuff.

Again I ask... Am I mad? What am I missing here.

I would appreciate any help you can offer guys as I am struggling to deliver even the most basic of reports to my client.

Regards

j.themuss

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

I understand that you wish to report on Report Name (headings). You can create a report on reports by creating another report on Reoprt type "Report".

If you don't want to make use of formula fields and still have to have multiple fields to a grouping line then create a custom field on that object (of formula type) and directly reference it in the report.

If i misunderstood you requirement then please explain your requirement with an example so that i would be able to suggest you better.