function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JSchneiderJSchneider 

Pick List Change Workflow

I am trying to have an email sent to me every time an account is changed from a specific status to another status.  The email is currently being sent twice and I can't figure out what I need to fix in the formula.  The idea is that any time an account with a 3 or 4 status changes to anything other than 1-4 or Bad Fit, the emails is generated alerting me.

AND(
OR(
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(Status__c), "3 - Mail Pkt"),
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(Status__c), "4 - Email Pkt")
)
NOT(OR(
ISPICKVAL(Status__c, "Bad Fit"),
ISPICKVAL(Status__c, "1 - Cold"),
ISPICKVAL(Status__c, "2 - Warm"),
ISPICKVAL(Status__c, "3 - Mail Pkt"),
ISPICKVAL(Status__c, "4 - Email - Pkt")
)
)
)

The email should show me the user name, account name, city, state, and NEW status.  The first email I get shows the old status, and the second one is correct.

Yoganand GadekarYoganand Gadekar

Just check if you have any other workflow that sends email on similar condition.

Alos check if any trigger is getting fired ( this can happen if you have any field update on that worlflow) which may fire you workflow if it is updating account record that meets your criteria for wkflow.

Hit kudoas if this helps you and mark as answer.

thanks,

Avidev9Avidev9
How about wrapping the entry criteria with another AND and comparing If PRIORVALUE(STATUS__c) != STATUS__c
JSchneiderJSchneider
I tried adding that...

Error: Field Status__c is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions.
Avidev9Avidev9
Well You can wrap picklist field with TEXT().

if PRIORVALUE(STATUS__c) != TEXT(STATUS__c)
JSchneiderJSchneider

Error: Incorrect parameter type for TEXT. Expected Number, Date, DateTime, received Picklist

but I added the following to the AND expression to see it it runs correctly.

ISCHANGED(STATUS__c)

Avidev9Avidev9
Ahh my bad!
Did the ISCHANGED() worked ?
JSchneiderJSchneider
So far, so good! Nothing has come through that shouldn't have. I don't know why the original formula wasn't working, but as long as it works I'm happy.
Avidev9Avidev9
Well seems like you have another field update or trigger in the related object. Due to which emails were triggered twice.