function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PronowPronow 

Developer console does not log activity when using Customer Portal though Salesforce Sites

Hello there,

In my project, I have sites to use customer portal. Now, I want to access the debug log through Developer Console but I am not able to do so. Is there any other way to get this debug log?? Please help!

Help will be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Thomas DvornikThomas Dvornik

Is it a log for another user? If so, you can access Admistrative Setup -> Monitoring -> Debug Logs in setup. Add the user as a monitored user, and you should see the log in there. 

All Answers

Thomas DvornikThomas Dvornik

Is it a log for another user? If so, you can access Admistrative Setup -> Monitoring -> Debug Logs in setup. Add the user as a monitored user, and you should see the log in there. 

This was selected as the best answer
nickwick76nickwick76

Hi, 

If the user has logged into the portal, you just specify the user under Administration Setup -> Monitoring -> Debug Logs. Once this has been done you should see the activity in the developer console too. But you will have to reset the Log Requests Available on the Debug Logs page once you have performed more than 20 requests. If you are an internal user, the developer console will log requests automatically however.

If you want to monitor a guest site user, i.e. a user that just visits the site without authenticating, you specify the user in the same place (Administration Setup - > Monitoring -> Debug Logs) but this user cannot be found with the other users. Use this syntax -> 'Site Guest User, <Site_Name>', where <Site_Name> should be replace with the site name that you have connected to your customer portal.

HTH / Niklas

PronowPronow

Thank you very much for your reply!