function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ProcureCloudProcureCloud 

Mobile Lite - Process to change to a new phone

A user connected their Blackberry Storm to the SFDC Org using Mobile Lite - no problem.  The user now has a new iPhone and when trying to load Salesforce Mobile from the App Store and activate, they get the following message:

This account has been locked to another device.  Please contact your Salesforce administrator to all this new activation.

Does the administrator need to delete the configuration for the Blackberry to allow the iPhone to activate?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ProcureCloudProcureCloud

Thanks for the reply...I found asetting under Administration Setup/Mobile Administration/Salesforce Mobile/Settings.  The Administrator needed to remove the "Permanently Link User to Mobile Settings" under Advanced Salesforce Mobile Settings.  Then I was able to register my new phone as a mobile lite user.

All Answers

kxa422kxa422

Check with your Salesforce administrator.

The link between user and the mobile need to be broken before an other one take place.

ProcureCloudProcureCloud

Thanks for the reply...I found asetting under Administration Setup/Mobile Administration/Salesforce Mobile/Settings.  The Administrator needed to remove the "Permanently Link User to Mobile Settings" under Advanced Salesforce Mobile Settings.  Then I was able to register my new phone as a mobile lite user.

This was selected as the best answer