function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ChamingaDChamingaD 

Salesforce Data Loader Commanline Error

I'm getting following error frequently (not always) when trying to Upload Bulk Data using  Data Loader Command line script.

Failed to send request to https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/21.0/services/Soap/u/21.0 at com.sforce.ws.transport.SoapConnection.send(SoapConnection.java:117)

Ritesh AswaneyRitesh Aswaney

hey

this could be due to a variety of reasons

If you got this error consistently, i'd recommend you to check your proxy settings in dataloader (some proxies need authentication credentials to be specified as well)

I've had a similar problem in the past where our corporate proxy was resetting the connection, after a certain time interval - if you are using a proxy, then it might be an idea to chat to your network admin and check if any such rules are in place. they are also able to whitelist salesforce.com and therefore give you a reset-free connection

the other possibility is a network blip which causes the connection to reset.

lastly, i cant be sure on this, but when establishing multiple sessions using the same user via dataloader, the connection on the first one drops - don't think with this error message though - that one talks about session not being valid.

Not sure if i've been helpful, but just just sharing my experiences !

Tom87Tom87

m facing same prob...it's bcz of proxy setting only