function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ProcureCloudProcureCloud 

Custom Button: Create New Custom Object from Event Detail Page, Pre-Populate Who/What to new object

I am trying to create a custom button on the Event Detail Page that will create a new custom object entitled "Call Report".  I want to pre-populate a new custom field on the Call Report Object entitled "Customer" with the Account selected on the Event Related To field [What].  I also want to pre-populate a new custom field on the Call Report Object entitled "Contact" with the contact selected in the Name field [Who].  Finally, I am trying to move the values in a multi-select picklist to the new custom object.

I believe the issue is that Related To [What] and Name [Who] can have a single select picklist values of (Account,Case, Opportunity, etc) and (Contact or Lead) respectively. 

Here is what I have so far.....I am able to create the object and populate all of the fields except the Customer [What], Contact {Who] and Product Discussed [multi-select picklist].

https://na5.salesforce.com/a06/e?retURL=/a06/o&Name={!Event.Subject}&00N70000002ibZL={!Event.StartDateTime}&00N70000002ibfd={Eventually_Purpose__c}&CF00N70000002ibez_lkid={! Event.Who}&00N70000002ibep={!Event.EndDateTime}&00N70000002ibeu={!Event.Products_Discussed__c}=&CF00N70000002ibfx_lkid={!Event.What}

Thanks for your help....