function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jagjitsingh@indivar.comjagjitsingh@indivar.com 

Leads

Hi

Is it possible to make copy of Oject Leads & then Create a Web-ToLead like option of that Object.

Thanks

BA_AdminBA_Admin

It only works for lead object since it's standard functionality but why you want to do it for other object?

SrikanthKuruvaSrikanthKuruva

it is not possible like that but yes there are work arounds. you can use wsdl files provided by salesforce for accomplishing this.

Hi SUper

Is this possible through VF pages but then how i will get HTML code for this , like that which is generated in WebToLead Case.

Thanks

Hi SrikanthKuruva

Can u pls help me more on this , how it can be done. I need it very urgent

Thanks

following are couple of solutions that are currently on my mind. Both of them need development.

Solution 1:

1) download partner or enterprise wsdl from salesforce

2) create a web page using .net framework or java.

3) use the wsdl downloaded in step 1 to do the business logic i.e. to create the custom object records.

4) deploy the web page on a server and expose the url of this webpage to customers.

Solution 2:

1) Create a VF page which will create the custom object records. (you have to write the html code by yourself)

2) expose this VF page using the sites concept provided by salesforce.

Solution 2 is easier than solution 1.

Hi Srikanth

Thanks a lot , now i am getting clear

Regarding Solution 1 can u pls help me on more regarding step 4

Regarding Solution 2

How to expose this VF page using the sites concept provided by salesforce.

I have already created Visual Forc Page.

Pls help me ASAP .

Thanks

Solution 1:

say your webpage name to create custom object records is page1. lets forget about the extension of the web page for it could be .aspx if it is dotnet or .jspx if its java.

so once you have the webpage ready you should deploy it on a server - iis server if its dotnet webpage or apache tomcat if its java. By server i mean it should be publicly available over internet.

once deployed you will be having the url say "http://www.xyz.com/page1.xxxx". you can expose this url as a link on your company web site or as per your requirement. once the users click on the link your web page will be opened and records can be created from that page.

Solution 2:

you can go thorugh the following url for sites concept

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/An_Introduction_to_Force.com_Sites