function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Micky MMicky M 

New Button

Hi All,

This is similiar to my previous post but i think i was slightly wrong in what i needed to do, so does anyone have an idea how i can create a new button on a visual force page that acts like a new button on a standard object for a custom object? ie when i click the new button on my page i can then enter details in my new time sheet object just as though id created it from a new button from a standard page?

Cheers All

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
pankaj.raijadepankaj.raijade

it is very simple.

button Containt source should be URL.

and URL should be "/001/e"

above URL is for create new account page.

replace "001" in above URL with first 3 characters of any of your custom object record ID.

All Answers

it is very simple.

button Containt source should be URL.

and URL should be "/001/e"

above URL is for create new account page.

replace "001" in above URL with first 3 characters of any of your custom object record ID.

This was selected as the best answer
Micky MMicky M

Thx for that! thats exactly what i needed to know!

most welcome Micky.

If you are new to salesforce please check my app on appexchange called Object Converter  this can be helpfull to you.

http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003JeOiEAK

Using Object Converter you can convert any standard or custom object to one or more standard or custom objects with a single click of button or link.

Regards,

Pankaj Raijade.

dpicardHDdpicardHD

Hi:

I just installed the package and it does not work. When I go to "configure" I get an error. 

Thanks for trying Object Converter.
The error you are getting because you haven't marked your self as Object Converter admin.
Please see section '1. Admin Setting' on page #5. This will explain you how you can make your self as Object Converter Admin.
Please feel free to email us at object.converter@gmail.com if you have any other issues.
We are confident that Object Converter will serve you well and hope to see our relationship grow over the years.
We also offer salesforce configuration and customization services. Please feel free contact us if you are looking for salesforce configuration and customization services now or in future.
Regards,
Pankaj Raijade.