function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LukashPLukashP 

Knowledge - Suggested articles customization

Hello,

In my project we are using suggested articles (as a part of Service Cloud Console).

The question is : 

- Can the search for suggested articles by configured in any way ? For example, my client does not like, that he has to write full words in order for that to work (eg. when you type 'Salesfor' it will not find any Salesforce articles, but 'Salesforce' and 'Salesfor*' will find it). My client would like it to work as if the asterisk (*) was always there at the end of the subject

- Can we in any way customize what fields from the case should be used for search? As far as I notice currently only the Subject field is used.

- And the least important : can we customize the in any way the Suggested Articles columns? We would like to not have the 'New' column.

Knowledge looks promising for my client, but these are the limitations for now. I could probably somehow hack into the mechanism - in the HTTP requests i see what is going on and could probably mimic this behaviour with custom buttons and programming, but my client does not really want that.

Best regards

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
francoisLfrancoisL

I think that you custom component should use the CaseId to retrieve the info and perform the search. VF page that you create should use Case standard controller to get the case. 

All Answers

francoisLfrancoisL

Hi, 

Unfortunately, today, it's not possibel to customize the component. The alternative here is to create a VF component where you can create a more customized experience and that you can include in case page leveraging the agent console multiple frame. 

LukashPLukashP

Thank you Francois,

Informative as always :).

One last question though : 

If we decide to go with the custom component, which way it should go? I can check what's going on on the HTTP request level. Do you think our custom VF component should repeat this behavior while adjusting it to our needs ?

How likely is this behavior to change with the next releases ?

Cheers

francoisLfrancoisL

I think that you custom component should use the CaseId to retrieve the info and perform the search. VF page that you create should use Case standard controller to get the case. 

This was selected as the best answer
LukashPLukashP

Thank you Francois,

I created such a custom page and can use it well to do custom 'Find articles'.

Can't find how to use it with 'Suggested articles' - but that's in another thread :).

RGK.ax912RGK.ax912

Could you post the code you used to achieve this as I have the same issue.

Thanks

StephenDavidsonStephenDavidson

Hi Lukash:

I wonder if this might be a way for me to accomplish my requirement. 

When a search is performed, I want to capture the terms used.  If any of the resulting articles are viewed, I want to capture which ones.  Then, if a case is created, I want to attach both lists to the case.

So a customer does a search, then views documents, then either leaves, or creates a case.  They leave because they have found their answer.  They create a case because they have not.  I want the engineer who takes the case to see what the customer searched for and which articles they viewed so that they can subsequently create an article that is more find-able for future searches.

What do you think.