function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nanostuffsnanostuffs 

Query about Profiles & Roles

1. I have a custom object "testObj"

2. There are many profiles used in my system and this testObj currently is accessble to only some of them, e.g. Profile1, Profile2 & Profile3.

3. Company CEO has profile Profile4 and this profile is assigned to several other users as well.

4. CEO now wants read access to testObj. I cannot grant the access to Proifle 4 directly because all others users will too get read access to testObj. I also cannot create new profile just for CEO.

Can anybody advise a solution?

Jia HuJia Hu
You can try to use 'Permission Sets',...
For example, change the Porifle 4 to read access on testObj, and make a new Permission Sets with what you delete from Profile 4

then link this Permission Sets to all the users of Profile 4, except your CEO

Then the CEO will have read only to testObj, and all others in Profile 4 will get extra permission of testObj from the Permission Set.
HariDineshHariDinesh

Hi,

Permission set is the Best Option for this scenario

Create a permission set with required permissions and then assign it to a concern user to whom you want to give those specific permissions.

One Poing here

@Jia Hu

You can use permission sets to grant access, but not to deny access.

Crating permission set:

Setup->Manage Users-> Permission set and click new and give required permissions as given in profile

Now click on view users and click on NEW user

OR

Go to Particular User (Setup->Manage Users-> users) and click on Permission set assignment and add that user.

You can get over view about permission set by following Below Link

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_permissionset.htm

IF this reply helps you in solveing or solves your problem mark it as Resolved.

SamuelDeRyckeSamuelDeRycke

I agree with HariDinesh.

You would not change profile 4, but create a permission set with access to testObj, and grant that permission set to your CEO.