function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion

Field Update

Hi,

There are two fields,KYC Expiration Date and KYC Status field need to be linked.KYC Status field is a Picklist(Approved,In Progress,Cancelled,Expired).When expiration date is reached, KYC Status automatically changes to Expired.e.g if the expiration date is listed as Aug 1st and kyc status is approved....on august 2nd, the kyc status would change to expired.How can i implement this?

nanostuffsnanostuffs

You'll have to use time-based Workflow rule.

Its pretty easy, goto Setup -> Create -> Approvals & Workflows -> Workflow Rule.

Create new, select onscreen settings that come and under one screen you'll get option to choose type of workflow. Select time based and on following screen choose the day of expiration date field.

Hi, I need one more clarification. There are two cases. Case1: If the expiration date is 8/1 on a customer, on 8/2 the KYC status field will change from Approved to Expired I gave the condition as "Expiration Date is less than Today" for case 1 Case2: If Sys Admin create one customer with 29/06/2012 as expiration date on today's date then the KYC Status field should automatically changed to Expired. How this two condition will be possible in Time dependent workflow? Is there any other way to satisfying these two rules at a time? Please do the needful. Regards, Pragnya