function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
OJMOJM 

Silly Question About Record Types

Hello,

I feel pretty dumb asking all the bright minds on this forum this silly question but here goes. 

I can't figure out why some users get the option to choose a record type upon case creation while others go straight to the default. I know I'm missing something really basic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
vriavmvriavm

Hi,

If the profile is the same for the two users you are seeing different behaviour then the user has a setting to skip the record type selection under Personal Setup -> My Personal Information -> Record Type selection. Even through the profilre allows the user to select from multiple record types but the specific user has set this default record type then they will not get the record type selection screen....

All Answers

Teach_me_howTeach_me_how

user get the option to choose - because they setup there profile to include many case recordtype

user get straight to default - because they setup there profile with one recordtype

Go to SETUP--> Manage User --> Profile (dont click edit , click the profile name)

1. jump to Record type setting section

vriavmvriavm

Hi,

If the profile is the same for the two users you are seeing different behaviour then the user has a setting to skip the record type selection under Personal Setup -> My Personal Information -> Record Type selection. Even through the profilre allows the user to select from multiple record types but the specific user has set this default record type then they will not get the record type selection screen....

This was selected as the best answer
OJMOJM

That makes sense! thanks!

NILESH RAJ 20NILESH RAJ 20
It depends on the profile and the assigned report types. You can check record types in Salesforce (https://sfdcwisdom.com/record-types-in-salesforce/) for details.