function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Geisner@google.comGeisner@google.com 

Rolling out page layouts globally by language: what to do with existing layouts by region?

Hi there,

I could use some help with an approach to this problem. We have a custom link on our page layouts that uses visualforce to open up and submit a form. That form needs to be translated into 12 or so languages, so that the links can be used globally. The problem is that we've set up our page layouts globally by region: NA, EMEA, APAC, LATAM, not by language. This has worked fine, but now I think we would have to recreate all our page layouts by language instead of by region, and this would be a big overhaul for us. I don't see any way around it, but I thought someone might have a workaround or a suggestion. Thanks!

Gabe Eisner

SFDC Admin for Google Adwords Telesales

AravindBabu512AravindBabu512

Hi,

Does your page change based on the languages, i.e, for language 1 you have 10 fields and language 2 you have 12 fields or an additional section in it?

If the pages are gonna remain the same, you have the page designed using custom labels and enable Translation workbench for the applicable languages.

Here the user will be configured to his language, and the page will be loaded with his languange settings.

Please let me know if this works, or if you find any better solution, please let the community know.

Thanks,

Aravind.

Geisner@google.comGeisner@google.com

See, we already have translation workbench set up for every country and its language. And that's working fine. For example, our EMEA_Manager page layout gets translated into Spanish, German, etc. based on the country in the user record. Those translations are done NOT as a result of the page layout. But, here the problem is that the translated VF forms would be pulled from custom links based on page layout. So, for the EMEA_Manager page layout, which language would I use in the VF, know what I mean? That's why I think I would have to create a new page layout schema broken out by language (Spanish, German) instead of region (EMEA).