function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdclearnsfdclearn 

How to leave a line in an email template?

Hi,

I am creating an email template. And I am trying to use if condition in email template. 

{!if(Account.test__c="", "Field is empty", "please find the data below.

test : + Account.test__c+"contact xxx")}

This if condition works in the email template and prints the value if its test__c is not empty.

But i am not able to leave a line after please find the data below.is there a way to add a line return after this below.

Please advise.

Thanks!

HariDineshHariDinesh

Hi,

You want to give some date regarding this..?

Here you didn’t specify which Type of Email Template you are using.

If you are using Email template of type

Custom OR Visualforce then

Use </br> tag for line break statement after which you want line break

For Example

If you want line break after this formula returns then use like this.

{!if(Account.test__c="", "Field is empty", "please find the data below.
                                            test : + Account.test__c+"contact xxx")} </br>

If you are looking for something more or other please specify the details of what you are looking.

If this reply answer your question or solves your issue then Mark it as Resolved.

sfdclearnsfdclearn

I am using text template

HariDineshHariDinesh

Hi,

If you are using Text Template there is no need of any tags.

In the Text template the mail structure will be depend on how you have given the data in Template.

If you manually leave the line after the Merge Field you have given then the line will be left in the mail also.

I have created a Template as you created and verified is there any problem with this type of scenario.

Am not getting any issue and am able to leave the line after this Merge field.

If you still having problem please share the Template where you are facing problem so that it will be easy to solve the problem.