function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bobsullivanbobsullivan 

Compiling with 1.4.2 and running with 1.3.1

We are getting failed logins when we are running our applet under 1.3.1 with it compiled under 1.4.2.  I've tried added System.setProperties to get past the problems but as soon as I get past one another pops up.  The first problem was tryin to load the crimson parser.  I fixed that by specifiying:

System.setProperty("javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory",  "org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl");
System.setProperty("javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory", "org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl");
System.setProperty("javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory",  "org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl");
System.setProperty("org.xml.sax.driver",  "org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser");
System.setProperty("org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration ",  "org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration");
System.setProperty("org.xml.sax.parser", "org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser");  

MalformedURLException due to no https protocol in 1.3.1

adamgadamg
Looks like something is looking for SSL libs, which I'm guessing aren't in 1.3.1; if memory servers Axis requires > 1.4, so not sure it will work for you. (The standard sun jre install should provide an update to date applet runtime.)