function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bobsullivanbobsullivan 

closing a SoapBindingStub

As part of our java application's login proceedure we login to SalesForce and perform an update.  I would like to "cleanup" after the update is through.  I know the SF login creates a socket but I can't find any type of cleanup in the SF API to close the socket and release any SF-related instances for garbage collection.
zakzak
If you're using Axis then it never keeps a TCP connection open between calls, there's nothing specific you need to do to clean up.

Cheers
Simon
bobsullivanbobsullivan
I have faith that what you are saying is correct but I'm skeptical.  The process involves a login to SF which produces a SoapBindingStub object which is maintained in order to query and update records in the SF database.  How is that possible if there is no persistent connection?
Venk_ModelMetriVenk_ModelMetri

Since they use HTTP/HTTPS for the Communication, it follows a request/response model (Connection less) without need for a persistent socket connection.

I don't think there is any socket communication involved.

bobsullivanbobsullivan
I believe you are both correct.  While the login/query/update was underway I did repeated "netstat -n" in a cmd window and the IP connection appeared briefly and then went away.