function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DJHDJH 

"Invalid login" with my dev info

When I run my Java app to connect to Salesforce, I get an INVALID_LOGIN exception, even though I am using my developer account login and password, which obviously logged me in just fine via the web because here I am. I am using Java 1.4.2, Axis 1.0 (I cannot upgrade to 1.1 without risking breakage of other stuff, sorry) and the Sforce 3.0 API. My password contains no special characters. What could be wrong?

DJH
adamgadamg
Unfortuately the problem may be Axis 1.0; I'm surprised you got as far as you did without 1.1!

You can download the sforce Explorer (C# partner sample) at sforce.sf.net; if you can log in via that tool, then the problem is definately your code.
DJHDJH
Is there a Java implementation of the Explorer? C# is not an option in my environment (Mac OS X).

DJH
DJHDJH

adamg wrote:
Unfortuately the problem may be Axis 1.0; I'm surprised you got as far as you did without 1.1!

You can download the sforce Explorer (C# partner sample) at sforce.sf.net; if you can log in via that tool, then the problem is definately your code.

Unfortunately I can't compile and use the samples, because they depend on Axis 1.1--org.apache.axis.client.Stub's setHeader() method is new between Axis 1.0 and 1.1. But that method isn't involved in constructing the login command, so it seems like I should be able to at least log in. The fact that I am getting an actual "INVALID_LOGIN" exception means the Sforce service understood what I was trying to do, and that I gave it the correct number of parameters, but doesn't like the parameters themselves, true? In that case, how can I find out why it doesn't accept my valid username and password?

DJH
JaanekJaanek
I guess one good way to understand what may be the problem is the soap messages sent between your client & SF? I'm do not think there should be any difference in login soap messages sent between your client app & SF using axis 1.0 or 1.1.