function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cmarkiewiczcmarkiewicz 

disabling site for synchronization

Hello. We are designing a synchronization process. Is there a mechanism that allows me to disable web access to a Salesforce? Ideally, I would be able to disable web access while maintaining API access. This would ensure that no actions occurred through the Salesforce web interface during the synchronization process.
thanks
chris
adamgadamg
Hmm - we have lots of customers who do synchronization without having to lock access - perhaps there is a better approach?

If you are synchronizing just the deltas (as opposed to all the data) the chance of conflict is low, especially if you run the process late at night..
cmarkiewiczcmarkiewicz
Hello. Right, we are only doing the deltas, and it is planned for late at night - so the probability of collisions is relatively low, as you say. On the other system, we are able to move the probability to zero because we can schedule the synch during the maintenance period. We were hoping to do something similar with the Salesforce side.
Thanks for the quick response.
chris
benjasikbenjasik
You could set login hours for some of your profiles.
cmarkiewiczcmarkiewicz

"You could set login hours for some of your profiles. "

Great - that's exactly what I'm looking for.  If I can ask for some more details though...The online help lists the following steps:

1. Click Setup | Manage Users | Profiles, and select a profile.

2. Click Edit in the Login Hours related list.

However I do not see a "Login Hours related list."  Where should I see it?

thanks

chris

benjasikbenjasik
What version are you using? I believe this feature is EE/DE only.
cmarkiewiczcmarkiewicz

I am using DE.  I check the production account and I see it there.  But when I login to my Dev acct - I do not see it.

thanks

chris

benjasikbenjasik
This is a bug that it's not in DE. It will be in the winter release.