function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nazeer AhamedNazeer Ahamed 

Mass email limit

We all have a limit to send email from Salesforce.com, i.e 500 emails for Enterprise Edition.

Here my query is, is this only for mass emails or counted for single email sent from “Send An Email” from Contact /other objects?
What about workflow email alerts – this is also countable against the per day limit.?

Please clarify.
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Rasmus MenckeRasmus Mencke

For the application UI only mass email to contacts or leads are counted. If you use the API to send emails, both the massEmail API and the SingleEmailMessage API counts towards the limt.

All Answers

MarkSilberMarkSilber
Only mass emails sent using the mass email feature count towards the limit -- single emails and automated workflow emails do not.
greyhorsegreyhorse

Hi Mark,

You might have replied to this already, but when you say single email are not counted in this limit, do you mean the emails sent through sendEmail are also not counted.

regards,

Nazeer AhamedNazeer Ahamed
Yes.. That limit is only for mass email
greyhorsegreyhorse
Interesting...we started to get the MASS_MAIL_LIMIT_EXCEEDED for processing a very small number of emails (400-500) using the SendEmail API and the behavior does not seem to be consistent since the reports suggest a larger number of emails sent (>500) until Friday (18-Sep-2009) and it started giving this problem yesterday (<400).
Rasmus MenckeRasmus Mencke

For the application UI only mass email to contacts or leads are counted. If you use the API to send emails, both the massEmail API and the SingleEmailMessage API counts towards the limt.

This was selected as the best answer
MDXHikerMDXHiker
greyhorse - were you able to resolve this issue ? I have the same problem for a very small set of mail from sendemail
Ad.baylesAd.bayles

And in the case where I I tell the API to update a field on my record on the one hand, and this field update sends an email alert through a workflow rule, will I reach the limit if I use the API when I go over 500 records ?

SivaDevakiSivaDevaki

check out www.mansasys.com/massmailer app which will let you by pass salesforce email limitations. It has API also available if you want to send emails programatically. 

bhaskar.arora1.3946152776548584E12bhaskar.arora1.3946152776548584E12
In order to make yourself Unlimited while sending or scheudling the mass emails or doing single emails to Contacts, Leads, sending emails to Campaign Members then you need to check an appexchange native app - Massmailer.This will let you bypass salesforce mass email limits and at the same time let you send simple marketing emails to Schedule one-off mass emails.

Check out the following link: MassMailer App Link on AppExchange
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000005uxj5EAA