function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dgscarikadgscarika 

Group Event Invitees Report

Hi,

We are using SFDC to drive prospects to group events. We are using lead records for our prospects. When a prospect agrees to attend a group event, we add them to the invitees of the group event.

My challenge is that I need to develop a fairly comprehensive event roster report in SFDC. This roster report should:

1. Find all of the leads that have been invited to the group event.

2. Display various fields from those leads, especially custom fields.

This seems like a very basic function to me but it does not seem to be supported.

There is an Event with Invitees report type that properly finds the leads invited to the event. However, this only supports a vary narrow set of lead fields. Therefore, I cannot pull my custom lead fields onto this report.

I have also tried Activities with Leads reports. This can support my custom lead fields. However, SFDC implements group events very oddly where only the last lead record invited to the event actually has the association with that event record as an Open Activity. The previous events are not seemingly directly associated with that event record. Therefore, the Activities with Leads reports returns only the last lead invited.

Has anyone been able to find a solution to this issue? If it's just not possible through the report types supported directly in the tool, is it possible for a developer to create a report that returns this data?

I'd appreciate any tips on how to make this work.

Thanks

Dave