function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Yvonne-Ban-AirYvonne-Ban-Air 

Why Lookup relationship fields can not be imported by Lead Import Wizard?

We are using Professional Edition. 

When I mass import new leads via Lead Import Wizard, I can't find the custom lookup relationship fields on the field mapping page. (All lookup fields are included in the import file) Therefore, all the mapped fields have been imported, but all lookup relationship fields.

I would very much appreciate, if anyone can tell me reason and how can I import them?

Many thanks

Yvonne

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Jamz_2010Jamz_2010

I have just tested the Excel connector and it appears to work for lookups. I have only been able to test it on a developer org though as I dont have access to a professional org.

Hope I've been of help

James 

All Answers

Jamz_2010Jamz_2010

I would guess this is because the fields that are being looked up may not exist in the new Salesforce Org (as these are simply saved as the Id of the record that is being looked up). Unfortunately the only method of maintaining lookups that I know of is to create a program that given a unique field on the object that is being looked up, populates the lookup field with the record Id. Unfortunately this requires access to the API which is not present in professional edition.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think this is possible in professional edition.

James 

Thank you for your advice James! 

The fields that are being looked up are exist. It is a bit of pain that I will have to manually select the lookup fields. 

Do you think Excel connector can help?

But this will lead to another problem, because I can't get Excel connector working for me neither. :(

Cheers

Yvonne

Jamz_2010Jamz_2010

I have just tested the Excel connector and it appears to work for lookups. I have only been able to test it on a developer org though as I dont have access to a professional org.

Hope I've been of help

James 

This was selected as the best answer

Thank you for confirming this. I will need to try harder to get Excel connector working for me then.

By the way, do you by any chance have troubleshooting ideas for Excel connector? I got this error all the time:

"A document with the same"sforce_connector_for_pe.xla" is already open. You cannot open two document with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders.

Thank you for your help again!

Yvonne