function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AJ-ITIAJ-ITI 

Installing custom package - do I have to wait until Summer release?

Hi, this is my first time creating a package in my Sandbox. I am trying to install it to my production site now, and it is giving me this message: The requested package requires the latest release of salesforce.com. Once your organization is automatically upgraded to the latest release, please try the install again. Visit trust.salesforce.com and click on System Status to review the release schedule for details on when you will be upgraded.

So it looks like I'm supposed to receive the Summer release on June 11. Does this mean I can't install my package until then, or is there some way around this? It is only about 20 or so customizations, so I'm trying to decide whether to completely redo all my work on the production site or just to wait.I am supposed to present the new features this week to my company!

Thanks for your help!

aalbertaalbert

Are you trying to deploy customizations from Sandbox to Production? If so, can you use Change Sets or the Force.com IDE to deploy the changes from Sandbox to Production? Those technologies do not require you to upload or install a package.