function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
radanradan 

How to change Custom Objects access permissions for "Standard Platform User" profile?

In our Development ORG, we have licenses for Salesforce Platform  users.

when I create a new user and assign the User License to Salesforce Platform, the ONLY allowed profile is Standard Platform User which does not have any permissions to our custom objects.

According to SF documentation, a platform user license is allowed access to custom apps. 

I would appreciate it, if any one can show me how to change the profile for a Salesforce Platform license; or edit the Standard Platform Profile to provide access to custom objects.

Thanks. 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
aalbertaalbert

Clone the standard profile and then you can modify the custom object permissions. I don't believe you can modify the custom object permissions on standard profiles. So go to the Standard Platform user profile, click the Clone button, and associate new usrs to the custom profile you create.

All Answers

aalbertaalbert

Clone the standard profile and then you can modify the custom object permissions. I don't believe you can modify the custom object permissions on standard profiles. So go to the Standard Platform user profile, click the Clone button, and associate new usrs to the custom profile you create.

This was selected as the best answer
Broad_ForceBroad_Force

Hi,

While i am trying to edit Custom Access Permissions, the cloned Standard Platform User profile, is showing an error:

Validation Errors While Saving Record(s) There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "Standard tabsets are not permitted for this profile".

Click here to return to the previous page.

Please get me out of this error..

Thank you,

Broad_Force.

atormanatorman

Please make sure that a custom app is enabled/default in the app settings section. If that is the case, please file a case with customer support so that we can get the issue resolved. thanks!