function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WilhiteWilhite 

Batch Entry for Custom Object

In my work as a PR and Development director for a nonprofit, there is a very specific grassroots component to our members and supporters. That is, what actions they take with the organization. I need to be able to track these actions in the same way that I would track donations, whether they are attending events that we organize, contacting their decision-makers, writing to their local paper, etc.

So, I created a Custom Object called "Actions." It works really nicely, because I can associate Actions with Campaigns, etc. Now that we're doing a ton of data entry (we've had at least one event per month), I'm realizing that my new Actions object would be even cooler if I could do a batch entry, much in the same way as one would add members to an established Campaign. I would want to create the Action, then "Add Members," or in this case, "Add Participants." I would want it to be just like the "Manage Members" page under Campaigns.

How do I do that?

jkucerajkucera

You'd have to create a custom visualforce page w/ custom buttons.  It's quite a bit of work.  Any reason you can't use campaign members?