function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Laytro80Laytro80 

Salesforce.com & Zendesk Integration

Hi,

We use Zendesk as our support tool and are looking to see if we can integrate into Salesforce.com.

There is already integration so that I can see which clients have raised tickets and there status.

But I would like a client in there own instance of Salesforce.com to be able to log a ticket in the system without having to log into Zendesk.

Kind of a visualforce tab with a quick ticket create form which would connect and fire the ticket into Zendesk.

If anyone has done this please let me know.

Thanks

Ross

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Laytro80Laytro80

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have a found a solution that seems to work quite well.

I used Zendesk Dropbox, combined it with Visualforce and Custom Tab to integrate the two.

The visualforce code prepopulates the email address which works nicely.

Thanks

Ross

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf

Have you considered connecting to your clients using Salesforce-to-Salesforce and allowing them to share cases with you?

Also, have you considered perhaps using Salesforce.com's own Service Cloud altogether?

vbrendelvbrendel

Hi there,

I agree this is a very reasonable request and would be a nice addition to the Zendesk-Salesforce integration widget.

As I have been involved in the creation of the new Zendesk-Salesforce integration I can say your request would not be technically difficult, but to make it happen, I can suggest two ways:

1. Submit an enhancement request to Zendesk as it's Zendesk who provides the Salesforce integration to their customers and the Salesforce integration is still being actively developed.

2. Contact me (through my website http://crme.com.au/) to design a custom integration that works specifically for your organization.

Kind regards,

Vincent Brendel

Laytro80Laytro80

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have a found a solution that seems to work quite well.

I used Zendesk Dropbox, combined it with Visualforce and Custom Tab to integrate the two.

The visualforce code prepopulates the email address which works nicely.

Thanks

Ross

This was selected as the best answer
vbrendelvbrendel

Since Zendesk recently released an update to their Salesforce App, it now features the ability for Zendesk agents to create new support tickets natively from Salesforce.

Read all about it here:

https://support.zendesk.com/entries/348360-zendesk-for-salesforce-getting-started

Since it is now listed in the AppExchange it can also be used by users of the Professional Edition.

https://sites.secure.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003J6kZEAS

Cheers,

Vincent

calvin_nrcalvin_nr

Hi Laytro80

Can you please tell me more about how you added a zendesk widget using Visualforce?

Thanks,
Calvin