function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Book_GuyBook_Guy 

Pop-up Messages

Hi All,

Is it possible to get pop up messages in Salesforce.  Specifically we have a field called Academic Calendar

If IsChanged(Academic Calendar)=True then have a message pop-up saying "Please verify the semester field in accurate".

If this is possible, how can it be accomplished.

Thank you.

--David

shillyershillyer

You could probably create a workflow rule off this event, and then have a workflow action create a task that is past due so it will pop-up immediately with your message.

Hope that helps,

Sati

yudhvirmoryudhvirmor

I use below code to give pop every morning when sales users logged in to the application first time. I wrote VF page in a background and we use content of the page for marketing information. You can tweak this code and create one VF page. I am sure it sounds complex but you may need to check with business if they want a trade off.

<SCRIPT>if(getCookie("messageOfTheDay") != "message00DR0000000F2z1") { javascript&colon;openPopupFocusEscapePounds("/servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=01N200000008bkBEAQ", "MessageOfTheDay", 400, 300, "width=800,height=600,resizable=yes,toolbar=no,status=no,scrollbars=yes,menubar=no,directories=no,location=no,dependant=no", false, false); var expires = new Date(); expires.setDate(expires.getDate() + 1); setCookie("messageOfTheDay","message00DR0000000F2z1", expires); }</SCRIPT>