function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PamSalesforcePamSalesforce 

Getting redirected to home page

We have added a domain name to our Salesforce org. and after that when the user is logged in to the org and opens a new tab and enter the url “https:/mydomain.my.salesforce.com” it takes the user to the “Home” page . The issue is that the user only has access to the service console and should never be directed to the HOME tab.

Can you help me overcome this issues?

jhurstjhurst

You cannot remove the Home tab, so it is always available to the users (even if they are not directed to it).  That said, you should be able to set the landing tab.  Go to Setup | App Setup | Create | Apps and then click "Edit" next to the Service Console app.  You should then see a picklist for the Default Landing Page.  Simply change this to be the tab you want your users direct to.

Hope this helps.

Jay

PamSalesforcePamSalesforce

Thanks Jay,

This option of setting the landing page is not available on the service cloud console app.

Also the home tab is not part of the Service Cloud Console.

jhurstjhurst

Sorry about that...I misread a bit.

This sounds like it could be a bug.  The mydomain URL should direct you to the home page, and if the user is defaulted to a service cloud console, I agree that it should not go to the Home tab.

Can you please log a ticket with support and then post the case number on this thread.  Please grant login access to support and give the exact steps to reproduce.

Thanks

Jay