function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
skk169skk169 

wat will be the admin..? I m new to SFDC, help req.

wat exactly an admin does in a company. I knw the tasks: "customization, security nd access, workflow rules, data validation etc..."   Below r my questions:

Scenario: A small size company(say a construction company) with 50 users.

#1) how many admins required/ wat wil be the approx. team size ?     # 2) does 1 specific admin need to takecare of  ALL the tasks or will be focused on subset of tasks?       #3) Admin need to give/work 24/7 support?     #4) In general, an Admin reports to a Team leader/Sales director?       #5) Admin need to seek permission from anyone if he wants to install an application from Appexchange?

Kindly clarify my doubts nd educate me ..Thanks in advance

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JitendraJitendra

#3) Admin need to give support in which timings(if the project outsourced to india)?

Ans :

Admin Can work in the USA timing as well as IST timing on the basis of project demand.

If Project Outsourced then in most of the scenario, Developer is admin for few time until developement or in sandbox. If Client dont have admin knowledge then devloper can educate them depending on SOW signed by client and company.

#4) In general, an Admin reports to a Team leader/Sales director?

Ans : This is also project specific. Normaly issue created and if it is approved by the authority then only admin make changes in salesforce.

#5) Admin need to seek permission from anyone if he wants to install an application from Appexchange?

Ans : Yes, in written statement like Issue tracking System JIRA or in Salesforce itself.

Admin can make other user also admin- means delegated admin?

One Salesforce instance can have more than one Admin user Active.

All Answers

JitendraJitendra

Salesforce admin is responsible for creating users, managing roles, profiles, organizational level settings. For 50 users 1 admin is sufficient. It does not require 24x7 support. As i hope the changes are not redundant or corrective by the users. Admin can make other user also admin, creating email templates, reports and so on...

If you will create a developer account, you will be bydefault system admin.

skk169skk169

Thnks for the reply Jitendra..

I have few more Q's req solution:                                                                                                                                                                                                Scenario: A small size company(say a construction company) with 50 users with presence in only USA region.

#3) Admin need to give support in which timings(if the project outsourced to india)?     #4) In general, an Admin reports to a Team leader/Sales director?       #5) Admin need to seek permission from anyone if he wants to install an application from Appexchange?

Admin can make other user also admin- means delegated admin? Plz reply so that I can mark it as solution.

Kindly clarify my doubts nd educate me ..Thanks in advance

JitendraJitendra

#3) Admin need to give support in which timings(if the project outsourced to india)?

Ans :

Admin Can work in the USA timing as well as IST timing on the basis of project demand.

If Project Outsourced then in most of the scenario, Developer is admin for few time until developement or in sandbox. If Client dont have admin knowledge then devloper can educate them depending on SOW signed by client and company.

#4) In general, an Admin reports to a Team leader/Sales director?

Ans : This is also project specific. Normaly issue created and if it is approved by the authority then only admin make changes in salesforce.

#5) Admin need to seek permission from anyone if he wants to install an application from Appexchange?

Ans : Yes, in written statement like Issue tracking System JIRA or in Salesforce itself.

Admin can make other user also admin- means delegated admin?

One Salesforce instance can have more than one Admin user Active.

This was selected as the best answer
skk169skk169

Thnks so much Jitendra..

May I ask u 1 more Question plz....

How long it takes for a small project (say a very small engineering consulting co. with presence in only Chicago) to get implemented and how many developers r required in general?

After implementation completes, for ongoing support also developers/admins r required? if yes, how many r req?

How many end users roughly a small Co. like this might have?(around 100?)  i'm confused as i m new to SFDC

Thnks in advance..