function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ashish raiashish rai 

How to make Call Type field Should be Editable for Admin??????????

Hi All,

There is a field with name call type(picklist), call duration  on object Task. I have checked this is visible for Admin but is read only field. So even admin is not able to make changes in this field. Can any one tell me how to make these fields editable for Admin.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,
You can make these field should be editable for admin for Object Event not for Task.

Even if you want to use this field on Task you have to create a custom field with same name make this field editable for admin only by doing this:

Setup->Administration Setup->Security Controls->click on Field Accessibility->click on the Task object->click on ->View by Fields->select the call type field-> change the accessibility of the field by clicking the link display in the front of the profile.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,
You can make these field should be editable for admin for Object Event not for Task.

Even if you want to use this field on Task you have to create a custom field with same name make this field editable for admin only by doing this:

Setup->Administration Setup->Security Controls->click on Field Accessibility->click on the Task object->click on ->View by Fields->select the call type field-> change the accessibility of the field by clicking the link display in the front of the profile.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

This was selected as the best answer
Andrew DahlkemperAndrew Dahlkemper
This does not work. The 'Read Only' permission is greyed out, preventing you from unchecking it on this field.