function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gv007gv007 

SocialPost-Social Post Layout.layout(SocialPost-Social Post Layout):Parent entity failed to deploy

Hi I am getting thebelow error message when am delpoy using ant recently both the org are enabled social settings.

SocialPost-Social Post Layout.layout(SocialPost-Social Post Layout):Parent entity failed to deploy

Unable figure out it.Any suggestion helpful.

Thanks

Saurabh DhobleSaurabh Dhoble

Had the exact same problem - apparently it seems that when you download the code into eclipse, it does not get the Social-Post object definition. Because of this, the layout deployment fails.

I manually excluded the entire Social-Post related files from my deployment, and then ran ANT - that went through. Every time I deploy now, I make sure that the Social-Post and related objects have been excluded from the deployment.

gv007gv007

Hi

I agree it is a valid reson.But am not able get the socialpost object therough eclipse.anyhting need to be enabled

Saurabh DhobleSaurabh Dhoble

Nope, unfortunately, you cannot get the SocialPost object via eclipse, which is the root cause of the problem. Since you cannot get the object, but you can get the Social-Post layout, your build is "incomplete". This is because the Social-Post layout references the Social-Post object, but that object does not exist in your eclipse now.

The only workaround I found was to remove the Social-Post layout from my eclipse project, and deploy without it. Please let me know if this helps.

dave.seligsondave.seligson

Omit the Social layouts from your deploy package, (there's 2 of them) and you also have to omit the Page Layout Assignments for the profiles since one of these layouts is called out there.

TriesteTrieste

Any word from SFDC on whether this will be fixed?  This causes issues with completely automated builds.

rickarnettrickarnett
Can anyone provide me with a package.xml that produces the layoutAssignments layoutSocialPost-Social Post Layout/layout /layoutAssignments in each profile? (Sorry about formatting, couldn't get layoutAssignment tags to post properly). Some of my retrieves have this and some do not and I cannot pinpoint the xml that pulls this out? I'd like to push an issue forward with SFDC, but I believe they will need a reproducible way to retrieve/deploy and produce this problem.