function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lyrehclyrehc 

Are there any other ways to merge duplicate account?

Hi,

My organization has about hundreds of account records with the name of "ABC" each with different account numbers and addresses. I'm suppose to pick only 2  "ABC" accounts with the same account number to merge. 

However, the account merge option seems to only allow me to search via the account names, which give me hundreds of results (all with the same account name "ABC"). I'm unable to differentiate the accounts as it does not display the account number and addresses.

Are there any other ways to merge duplicate account? Help?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Jia HuJia Hu
No, there is no standard way to do this.
'Merge Accounts' is the best choice.

In your case, you can change the targeted accounts' name for searching, after the merging, you can just change the name back.

All Answers

Jia HuJia Hu
No, there is no standard way to do this.
'Merge Accounts' is the best choice.

In your case, you can change the targeted accounts' name for searching, after the merging, you can just change the name back.
This was selected as the best answer
lyrehclyrehc

Thanks! This works as an alternative. :)

John Wilson 59John Wilson 59
Try 360 Merge Duplicate, they allow you to find duplicate records based on multiple fields. Once the records is searched you can go for single or multiple merging using Account Number instead of name as in your case.
Take a look on the link- https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000000qCzXEAU or for further query connect to - support@360degreeapps.com