function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alliswellalliswell 

Email Alert Not Working

Hi All,

Looking for some insights here.

Here is the Scenario:

- In outlook, User Selects an Email and then clicks Create Cases - > Routing Name

[Salesforce for Outlook Configuration done]

- Case is created in Salesforce. The owner is automatically correctly changed to a Queue A.

[The owner has been defined in Email to Case routing]

- In Workflow 

>>RULE

Rule Criteria: Case: Owner EQUALS Queue A

Evaluation Criteria:Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and every time it’s edited

>>IMMEDIATE ACTION

Send an email with a certain template to Group A(I tried this with single User as well)

Email is not received.

Again the problem is Email not being received after the Case is correctly opened and assigned to a Queue.

What could be going wrong? Could something be wrong with my configurations or could this be limitation of Salesforce?

Need help to resolve this issue.

Thank you everyone!!

AIW

AroraAnupAroraAnup

Sounds strange! The email alert should work, based upon the scenario that you described as I don't see any issues here.

This may sound a bit wierd, but can you check if your workflow rule is active or not :)

Also, you may want to try changing the workflow evaluation criteria from "Everytime" to "When its created/edited and did not meet the criteria before"

Let me know how it goes!

liron169liron169
If you're using your own email template, then it possible that generating the email template failing due to a bug.
alliswellalliswell

The alert was active :)

I did convert the condition to created and everytime it's edited...

But what really worked I used the formula Owner:Queue.Id='......' instead of the criteria Case:Owner = 'Queue Name'

Thank you to both of you for taking the time out!!