function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Milo6996Milo6996 

What the limits for companies that integrate external systems with Salesforce?

I am contracted as a consultant with a company and as such am a ADM CON chap not really a DEV.

I have been asked a question and felt it was perfect for the DEV community.

" I understand we need to watch two areas, future calls (calls made by triggers) and external calls to the API i.e.. The number of times we connect to SF to pull or push data within a 24 hour period.

Do you know what the upper limits are for these and what our options are to extend them?"

Without breaching privacy laws they have 3 external DB that feed into the 1 MasterDB. This master database is used to sync the 3 external DB with Salesforce.

In addition to the above they have a SSID connection that drives their own custom version of the Client Portal using one Enterprise license  as API Only User

Their concerns are that they may reach limits if they integrate anymore processes to feed from the previously mentioned "MasterDB" and as demonstrated by the underlined question above.

I did find the below link but would like some advise, to make sure I understand the question and have access to the correct information

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_gov_limits.htm

Thanks