function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pjboudrxpjboudrx 

Customize per subscriber organization?

In a Force.com application, can I create custom fields and workflows per subscriber organization?

I know I can create custom fields and workflows for the entire application, and my company's Salesforce.com organization has custom fields and workflows particular to it.

Put another way: can a Force.com application have the same level of multitenancy and customization as Salesforce.com?

Thanks,

-Patrick

asagarwal.developerasagarwal.developer

If I understand your requirement correcly, you may want to expore the 'Record Type' & 'Page Layout'. Review the following text from Salesforce manual 

Record types allow you to offer different business processes, picklist values, and page layouts to different users based on their profiles. Record types can be used in various ways, for

• Create record types for opportunities to differentiate your regular sales deals from your professional services engagements and offer different picklist values for each.
  • Create record types for cases to display different page layouts for your customer support cases versus your billing cases.
It is not exactly creating custom fields as per subscriber organization, but it will allow you to show/hide certain fields and different page layouts to different users. 
Please do let me know if this gives you what you are looking for.

pjboudrxpjboudrx

Thanks for the reply.

We would need more than just custom layouts per subscriber organization. We are really looking for custom fields and workflows per organization.