function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tbuckettbucket 

Re-creating Accounts and Contacts in Force.com One App

I have a "financially sensitive" client undergoing a proof of concept project using Chatter Plus / Force.com E One-App.  In order to meet some of their requirements, I might need to re-create accts and contacts as custom objects since I can fit it within the 10 object/user limit (Accounts & Contacts are read-only in OneApp).  

I expect a few complications and challenges, but has anyone out there already tried this (working around the read-only by simply re-creating them as custom obljects) and can tell me what to expect?  I want to do it for them, but I also dont want to open up a can of worms that takes countless hours to back out of.

Any experience or other work-arounds are appreciated. 

tbuckettbucket

Well, after just trying it in Force.com Free Edition, the first issue I ran up against was with Activities. 

I could re-create Accounts and Contacts and it appeared they would work good enough.  However, when I tried to customize Activities to account for the new custom objects, I found that you cannot edit the Name field to include the new custom object in the lookup.  You also can't add an additional Lookup field to the Activities object.

Once I hit this snag, I stopped because it pretty much a show-stopper for my purposes.

QuickDEVQuickDEV

I was trying to do the same (re-creating Account & Contact object).  Just curious, when they are read only, the only way to add accounts and contacts is through data load?  Even the Admin, can not create Account record using Account Tab in OneApp ?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks!

tbuckettbucket

My understanding is that you have to have at least 1 "Admin User"...which means 1 full EE - and I THINK it has to be the full CRM.  I only have 1 client currently using Chatter+, but they mix it with a handful of full CRM EE.