function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Edwin KEdwin K 

Customer Portal access to Account and Contacts

Hi all,

I want to ask is it possible to view, create, edit Account or Contact records in Customer Portal? I only can create, edit, view Cases in Customer portal user.. I want to have access to Account or COntact using customer portal user. Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks...

Regards

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
shra1_devshra1_dev

Hi Edwin,

If you don't have problem of using Customer Portal Manager Profile then please Clone the profile and check the Delegated Portal User Administrator permission under Administrative Permissions Section and save it.

Now you could be able to Change the tab settings for Account and Contact.

Since the permissions are not provided in High Volume Customer Portal, I don't know how to make the Account and Contact tab settings visible or may not be provided by this profile.

Please report back if you have any queries...

Regards,

Shravan

All Answers

Raumil SetalwadRaumil Setalwad

Customer Portal Profile is given only the "Read" access to objects "Accounts" and "Contacts" and the Profile which is used that is also "Standard" profile for Customer Portal you can check Profile "Customer Portal Manager" Hence user can only Read "Account" and "Contact"

Hope this Helps

Regards

Raumil Setalwad

shra1_devshra1_dev

Hi Edwin,

From Customer Portal you can access the Account and Contact records.

Account records has only view access and Contact records has view, create and edit access.

Can you see the Account and Contact tabs in your Customer portal?

If you cannot see the Account and Contacts tab then make it Default On in the Profile assigned to the Portal User.

If you are using Standard Profile (i.e. Customer Portal Manager) or cannot able to make the Tabs 'Default On' then clone that profile and make the tabs Default On and assign that profile to the portal user.

Regards,

Shravan

Edwin KEdwin K

Actually I don't see any ways to make Account or Contact "Default On" because no Account and Contact found in Standard Tab Settings section in my Portal Profile.. Clone my standard customer portal is no luck.. Is it because I'm using Person Account in my salesforce.com instance? Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks..

Edwin KEdwin K

I think it is because the user license, currently I'm using High Volume Customer Portal profile.. Still I don't see Account or Contact on Standard Tab Settings section on that profile, so how to make those visible so I can set Default On.. Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks...

Regards

Edwin KEdwin K

For the information, I have checked the create, edit, read on Contacts permission, Account only Read permission.. But still don;t have access to Contact / Account record and can't create new Contact in customer portal.. Maybe I'm missing something.. need help on this case..

Thanks..

shra1_devshra1_dev

Hi Edwin,

If you don't have problem of using Customer Portal Manager Profile then please Clone the profile and check the Delegated Portal User Administrator permission under Administrative Permissions Section and save it.

Now you could be able to Change the tab settings for Account and Contact.

Since the permissions are not provided in High Volume Customer Portal, I don't know how to make the Account and Contact tab settings visible or may not be provided by this profile.

Please report back if you have any queries...

Regards,

Shravan

This was selected as the best answer
Edwin KEdwin K

Hi, This works perfectly.. Thanks man, I appreciate all helps I get from this..

THanks a lot...

TerryLuschenTerryLuschen

I was researching this same issue as to why my Account and Contact tabs were not displaying in the Customer Portal.  From this thread I learned that I had to use the 'Customer Portal Manager' profile.  I then had to choose the following items under 'App Permissions':  1) Portal Super User under the 'Call Center' and 2) Delegated Portal User Administration under the 'Partner Relationship Management' section.

Then the 'Tab Settings' option was visible and I could change it from 'Tab Hidden' to 'Default On' for Accounts and Contacts.

This location is slightly different than when this thread was completed a couple of years ago so I wanted to update the location of these settings as of Spring 2013 release. 

I also noticed that the profile 'High Volume Customer Portal' does not have the 'App Permissions' listed above so it cannot access Accounts or Contacts in the customer portal.

GowtGowt
Am not getting the Delegated Portal User Administrator check box in my cloned profile i too cloned the same profile what you mentioned
TerryLuschenTerryLuschen

Which profile did you clone?  Did you clone the 'Customer Portal Manager' profile?  That is the one where I see the 'Delegated Portal User Administration' checkbox under the 'Partner Relationship Management' section in the 'App Permissions'. 

I just looked at a new Dev environment that I had and it was the 'Customer Portal Manager Custom' profile that had this setting.  The 'Customer Portal Manager Standard' profile did not.

I did have to enable the customer portal to get this setting to display.  This is under 'Your Name', 'Setup', 'App Setup', 'Customize', 'Customer Portal'.

John KlokJohn Klok
Hello Edwin,

From Customer Portal you can access the Account and Contact records.
Admin can select modules and make changes separately in List View, Edit View, and Detail View.
Salesforce WordPress Integration (https://www.crmjetty.com/salesforce-wordpress-customer-portal.htm) give users functionality to upload additional documents relating to specific cases.