function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mike_M_2Mike_M_2 

Distribution list for Case Comments ... where is it???

I got a request from a user to remove some people from getting emails when there are new case comments. I've spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to do this. No luck. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Regards,

Mike

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Heres how it can be done.

Create a group for all users that should have access to cases owned by this queue, leave only the users in the queue that you want notified when a case comment is added under this queue. Then create a sharing rule on cases from the queue to the group for edit.

This way only the memebers in the queue get the notification and the memebers that are only part of the group still have access.

PB

All Answers

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Is the case owner a queue? Or an Individual owner?

If it is owned by a queue, check the queue.

PB

Mike_M_2Mike_M_2

Thanks TrimbleAg,

Yes, It is owned by a Queue and the members of the queue is a "Role and Subordinates".I don't want to prevent users of the Queue from updating the CASE, I just want them to NOT receive email. 

Any advice?

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Heres how it can be done.

Create a group for all users that should have access to cases owned by this queue, leave only the users in the queue that you want notified when a case comment is added under this queue. Then create a sharing rule on cases from the queue to the group for edit.

This way only the memebers in the queue get the notification and the memebers that are only part of the group still have access.

PB

This was selected as the best answer