function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PamSalesforcePamSalesforce 

Salesforce Answers

How can i add the custom fields for Question on the page layout?

HariDineshHariDinesh

Hi,

Can you Elaborate what you are looking for?

I need to add attributes to questions. I have created custom fields but am unable to place these custom fields on the Question page layout and wanted to check how I can add new custom field on the question page for user add value for these fields.

HariDineshHariDinesh

Hi,

Here

1) what do you mean by Question? Is it Custom Object?

2) what do you mean by "i need to add attributes to Questions"?

3) As per you if you created a Custom Field in custom object what is stopping you to add that fields to Page layout?(means   what the exact problem you are facing)

4) what is meant by Question page here?

'Questions' is a standard object part of Salesforce Answers. When you enable Salesforce answers, you can see two objects under App Setup->Customize->Answers

1) what do you mean by Question? Is it Custom Object?  Standard Object

2) what do you mean by "i need to add attributes to Questions"?by  attributes i mean Custom fields

3) As per you if you created a Custom Field in custom object what is stopping you to add that fields to Page layout?(means   what the exact problem you are facing) the page layout option is not available for this object

4) what is meant by Question page here? I meant page layout

Jia HuJia Hu
You can't do this, check the doc here,
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=answers_setting_up.htm&language=en

Any custom fields you create for questions or replies can’t display in the Salesforce user interface. However, you can add custom fields to questions or replies for API integration purposes. For example, add a custom text field to questions and use the API to populate that text field with the name of the country from which each question is posted.
HariDineshHariDinesh

Hi,

By looking at link given by JaiHu we can understand that.

Any custom fields you create for questions or replies can’t display in the Salesforce user interface.

Thank you Jia Hu for the clarification/Answer.