function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sswaminasswamina 

Custom button on custom object does not apper of new page and appear on edit page

Hi all,

I have custom object which is master detail on opportunity. The custom object configured with page layout that has a custom button which on-click goes to VF page. 

When I click on "new"  from the custom object related list on opportunity the page does not contain the custom button. However when I click on edit page the button appears. What could be issue

Please help.

Thanks

Shuba

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sornasorna

All the custom buttons you create will appear only on the detail page of an object and not on new/edit pages...So, the button is not appearing in new page, which is an expected behaviour...In the same way, it should not appear on edit page as well....But if it appears, I guess your edit page would be overriden with a VF page...Check the URL of edit page...

All Answers

sornasorna

All the custom buttons you create will appear only on the detail page of an object and not on new/edit pages...So, the button is not appearing in new page, which is an expected behaviour...In the same way, it should not appear on edit page as well....But if it appears, I guess your edit page would be overriden with a VF page...Check the URL of edit page...

This was selected as the best answer
sswaminasswamina

thanks sorna