function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
srdforcesrdforce 

How do you update an installed package?

Hello,

I have created a managed-b eta package in my DE.  I have uploaded it to Appexchange, but it is not publicly available - I simply have a link to install it.  I installed my app into another DE.  If I need to make updates to field definitions or code in the app (which would be done in the original DE), how do I get those updates into my second DE, which has all the data uploaded into it?  I don't want to lose the data recs.

Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ulas KutukUlas Kutuk

First you have to upload a new version from your original DE, than you can copy the link which sent you once uploaded and you can just paste where your Second developer already opened.

All Answers

Ulas KutukUlas Kutuk

First you have to upload a new version from your original DE, than you can copy the link which sent you once uploaded and you can just paste where your Second developer already opened.

This was selected as the best answer
srdforcesrdforce

If the original installed package also has objects, will these objects be retained upon installation of the updated package?  I want to make sure I only update the app and not the data.

allo lifeallo life
In order to update a single package using the CLI:
sudo apt-get install --only-upgrade <packagename>
e.g., sudo apt-get install --only-upgrade ack
Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Skipping **ack**, it is not installed and only upgrades are requested. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Allo
quickpay (https://www.quickpayportal.me/)