function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
studzeystudzey 

Terms and Condition Page Upon Login

Hi Guys,

I created a notification page for each other that they must read every time they log in. What I did, is create a visual force page, attached it to a custom VF tab and then set the tab as the default landing page for each user that logs in. 

My question is the following: 

Instead of doing the above, where I will now have an unnecessary "Terms and Conditions" tab, is there another way that I can set this up? 

Much appreciated 

Regards

Stadler

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Strictly speaking, you can't force a TOC to appear each time a user logs in initially. For example, if a user uses a deep link to a salesforce.com page (e.g. https://na3.salesforce.com/a010000000ABcDe), the user will be prompted to log in, and after login will land on this URL automatically instead of seeing your TOC. Regardless, you'd probably be better off using a popup window that appears when a user logs in. I'd design this as a bit of JavaScript, and place it in a sidebar component. You could, for example, check to see if the user has a certain session cookie, and if not, set a new cookie and open the window via JavaScript. I normally embed this sort of script in a custom sidebar component. Depending on your requirements, it might be sufficient to just have this appear on the home page, or you could set the platform to display this custom module on any page (except setup screens, report screens, and VF screens that exclude the sidebar).

studzeystudzey

Hey man

Thanks for the response. You are going way over my head - im not that good a programmer....

Regarding the first solution option - could you pretty please give me some coding examples?

What I was thinking is to make the page overwrite the home page tab upon login - but then directs them to the stock standard home page after they click accept..is that possible? Or not what you meant?