function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
QualquunQualquun 

Is there any way to merge cases without spending money?

Case Merge Premium seems great, but it's way too expensive. Does anyone have a way to do this, perhaps with Apex? 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Well it depends on what you mean by spending money... You would have to have VF pages and triggers to properly merge the cases. And by the time the developement is done with that you would have exceeded the cost of the Case Premiem app in man hours easily.

You could always use the "Parent Case" field to establish a relationship, but not to actually merge.

I have their App in 3 different instances of SFDC, agents love it, easy to install, no maintance required on my end.

PB

All Answers

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Well it depends on what you mean by spending money... You would have to have VF pages and triggers to properly merge the cases. And by the time the developement is done with that you would have exceeded the cost of the Case Premiem app in man hours easily.

You could always use the "Parent Case" field to establish a relationship, but not to actually merge.

I have their App in 3 different instances of SFDC, agents love it, easy to install, no maintance required on my end.

PB

This was selected as the best answer
QualquunQualquun

Unfortunately, the app will be used too little to warrant the expense. It'd be used - but not enough. I think parent cases/related cases will work well for the major purpose (just linking cases together), so thank you!