function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EuclidEuclid 

Mass Data Loading in Salesforce.com

Hi,

I am very new to Salesforce.com development and wanted to know about data loading process in Salesforce.com. As far as I know, when it comes to mass data loading into one of the Salesforce.com objects, Apex Data Loader is the best tool to be used. Apart from that there is also sforce Connector plugin available for Excel users.

Now, I wanted to know if this can be done in any other way. I mean, not using Data Loader or sforce Connector , can we do a mass data upload into Salesforce.com?

Thanks in advance!

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You can import the data in salesforce from the Data Management follow the below steps

Setup->Administration Setup-> Data Management-> Import Accounts/Contacts->follow the instruction

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

Alok_NagarroAlok_Nagarro

Hi,

Salesforce provides standard import wizard to import data in salesforce from csv files. But the limitation of import wizard is that you cant import more than 50000 records at a time and then data loader and other tools comes in use.

Goto Setup--> Administration Setup--> Data Management--> Import Account/contacts / Import custom Object etc.

EuclidEuclid

Thanks all for your replies.

Since the requirement was meant for end-users, I wanted to have a custom functionality built which replicates the data loading process. 

I have come up with a custom visualforce page which performs data update through its controller class by taking as input a .csv file.

This is working fine in my org. Although, any suggestions of improvement would be highly apprecieated.

Thanks!!