function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VK86VK86 

Send an Email button - Partner Portal

Hello all,

I am using a custom 'Send an Email' button on Lead page (for partner portal users) which will auto-populate the 'Additional To' and 'CC' fields.

the code i am using behind this button is:

https://org.secure.force.com/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p2_lkid={!Lead.Id}&rtype=00Q&template_id=00XC0000001eo51&p5=&retURL=/{!Lead.Id}&p4={!Lead.OwnerEmail}

This was working fine untill recently.

Since last couple of days when portal users are trying to use this button to send an email, the following error is popping up:

Page Not Found: /_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor

I tried to test if the standard 'Send an Email' button is working from the Activity History related list and the same error message pops up.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,

VK

Rasmus MenckeRasmus Mencke

VK, 

This was not a supported feature, and was recently identified as a security issue. It was patched, and the ability to access the lookup via the URL for partner portal was removed. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, but we had to close the security concern of exposing data through partner portal. 

VK86VK86

Thanks for your reply Rasmus Mencke.

So, that means partner portal users are not allowed to send emails (using standard send email button too) from Salesforce anymore?

michelle_wmmichelle_wm

Rasmus Mencke wrote:

VK, 

This was not a supported feature, and was recently identified as a security issue. It was patched, and the ability to access the lookup via the URL for partner portal was removed. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, but we had to close the security concern of exposing data through partner portal. 

Rasmus,

I do not understand what is that security issue. We are using the standard partner portal and we are getting this page not found exception. We are not using any custom button there. It came with the portal. If there is a security issue, we would have received an email from SF, isn't it? I have a partner portal in my DE org and it works without any issues. There is something screwed up with the latest Sprint update and nobody seems to care. We have a case open with SF but no luck so far.

Can you please tell us what is that security issue that you are talking about.

Thanks.