function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ticktick 

Add Contact Name to Case

I am using the Email2Case agent and having a hard time trying to figure out how to populate the Contact Name and Contact Email fields. Basically I want to grab the sender's email and name, then add that to the case being created. Any sample code or hints would be nice.
benjasikbenjasik
I believe the email needs to match an existing contact email, and then it happens automatically
ticktick
Contact Name and Email is still blank when receiving existing contact's email. How is the salesforce agent populating the other fields?
AndreasPAndreasP

I got this working well without any modifications (I downloaded Email2Case 2005-08-04).

But,

we often receive emails from people that are not yet in our system. This is a problem, since we don't know where to reply!

I think one solution is to populate the web email and web name fields with the name and email address of the sender. How can I make this happen with Email2Case?

Best regards,

Andreas

dean_onenwdean_onenw
AndreasP describes the exact problem that we are facing. Please let me know if there is compiled code or more detailed instructions that will allow us to capture the incoming (sender's) email address using email2case - even (especially) if the person is not in our system.

Thanks.

-Dean

AndreasP wrote:

I got this working well without any modifications (I downloaded Email2Case 2005-08-04).

But,

we often receive emails from people that are not yet in our system. This is a problem, since we don't know where to reply!

I think one solution is to populate the web email and web name fields with the name and email address of the sender. How can I make this happen with Email2Case?

Best regards,

Andreas

kkeechkkeech
Was there a solution to this issue?