function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
guitardjguitardj 

Non nillable element 'id' is null." when creating Account or Contact using Partner WSDL

Hi all,

I am a partner API newbie. Your help will be much appreciated.

I use Eclipse to run the PartnerSamepled.java file and when I tried to create an Account or a contact, I see this exception message saying that "Non nillable element 'id' is null" . I've spent the entire weekend trying to resolve this issue, however, there is still no luck to it. Does this mean I have to code in the ID field for the account or contact?

In case you guys wonder, I use java SDK 1.4.2, Axis 1.2.1, Eclipse 3.1 and everything can be compiled.

BTW, this problem can be fixed when I go back to Axis 1.1. But I really would like to use Axis 1.2.1 instead of 1.1 with Partner WSDL. So if any of you can point out what's wrong with the code or how to fix this problem, I would really appreciate it!

Thank you and God bless
DevAngelDevAngel

Hi guitardj,

To use Axis 1.2.x you will need to also run JDK 1.5.  Try that and it should solve the problem.

guitardjguitardj
Hi Dave

Thank you so much! I will give it a try when I get home tonight. Quick question though, is there a way to use java sdk 1.4.2 version instead of JDK 1.5 to make this to work?

please let me know what you think. Thank you so much once again.

Take care