function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eager-2-LearnEager-2-Learn 

Moving Data out of SFDC to another System?

Has anyone though...  How do I move my data out of SFDC and implement it into another systems database and make sense of all the information?

I know this is a touch question to ask SFDC; however, it is a viable question.  Are there docs on this approach?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Nick1746323Nick1746323

The documentation for all the standard objects is in the web services API doc, including some relationship diagrams.

Salesforce provide the tools for exporting your data: DataLoader,  or the API.

All Answers

CaptainObviousCaptainObvious
You could back up your Salesforce data to an Access database with a tool such as DemandTools. Then it becomes a question of importing the Access data to the other system.
Eager-2-LearnEager-2-Learn

I guess what I am asking for is documented road map of how all the pieces go together.  I found a Sales Object diagram that helps see the relationships so I think that would be a big piece of the puzzle for helping.

Any further suggestions or help would be appreciated.

I do not have to do this but is always good to have a backout plan should it be necessary.  I have to come up with a written plan that makes sense and will work.  For example, I am not certain what the AccountFromId and AccountToId is doing on the Partner object (table).  I know I created one Partner record for an opportunity and two records show up in the Partner object (table)?!!!

Nick1746323Nick1746323

The documentation for all the standard objects is in the web services API doc, including some relationship diagrams.

Salesforce provide the tools for exporting your data: DataLoader,  or the API.

This was selected as the best answer
start_sstart_s

Tom,

As far as you know SFDC has different objects/tables like Account, Contact, Lead, etc. Every object has fileds like id, name, etc. All these objects have primary and foreign keys/fields with help of which objects are linked to each other.

If you would like to move all your records from your SFDC to any other appication or database you need to keep in mind these relationships between objects. Also there are a number of ETL tools that could help you move your data to desired application.

In you case AccountFromId is the Account name and  AccountToId is the Partner.